This week at GDC Google announced their upcoming Linux-based cloud gaming service, Google Stadia. The announcement brought up more questions than answers, but it seems like it might just be the future of gaming. The high was short lived though, as a few days later the EU hit Google with a 1.5 billion euro anti-trust fine.
As for devices, we dropped a number of reviews, including the fantastic mid-range Samsung Galaxy A50, the ridiculously tall Sony Xperia 10 and Xperia 10 Plus, and the media-focused Huawei Mate 20 X. We also got a sneak peek at the Galaxy Fold, screen crease and all, and some details on the impossibly cheap Redmi 7.
Here are the top 10 stories for the week
- Google Stadia takes on the gaming industry – Google’s cloud gaming platform could be a big winner if it can get big studios on board.
- Samsung Galaxy A50 review – This mid-range phone offers the best of Samsung at a price that’s much easier on the wallet.
- Huawei Mate 20 X review: Android gaming, super-sized – Huawei’s massive 7.2 inch media and gaming phone has great battery life, but mediocre performance.
- Sony Xperia 10 and Xperia 10 Plus review – Sony’s affordable mid-range phones break new ground with their 21:9 displays.
- Redmi 7 revealed: Snapdragon 632, 4000mAh battery – This impressive device offers everything you could need from a phone – for just $104.
- Five years of Wear OS and it’s still too messy to recommend – The fifth anniversary of Wear OS has come and gone, but it still isn’t quite there.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 vs 845 – We do a deep dive and crunch the numbers to find out whether or not it’s actually worth the upgrade.
- Galaxy Fold spotted in hands-on video – The world has finally gotten a look at Samsung’s first folding device, and it’s just as creasy as we thought.
- How stable is the first Android Q beta? – It’s always exciting to get your hands on the latest version of Android, but is it actually usable yet? Find out here.
- Is Nvidia’s $99 Jetson Nano a Raspberry Pi killer? – Nvidia’s AI computing development kit opens the way to a Raspberry Pi-like revolution, this time for machine learning.
Learn more on the Android Authority Podcast
On this week’s edition of the podcast we discuss the good and bad of Google Stadia and the state of Wear OS. Just click play to start listening now!
Want to receive the weekly podcast on your device?
Subscribe using your favorite player below!
Who wants to win a Pixel 3 XL?
Don’t miss these videos
That’s it, folks! We’ll have another giveaway and more top Android stories for you next week. To stay up to date on all things Android Authority in the meantime, be sure to subscribe to our newsletters at the link below.