Welcome to our Pokémon Go update and news hub! Here we’ll be collecting all news, updates, and event info for the Niantic’s hit AR mobile game.
If you’re a hardcore Pokémon trainer, be sure to bookmark this page to stay up-to-date on the latest limited time events, community days, and new Pokémon released into the game. Below you’ll find the most recent news, followed by previous Pokémon Go news and updates.
Catch some of our other Pokémon Go content!
- Pokémon Go IVs: How to identify the strongest Pokémon!
- Trading Pokémon with friends in Pokémon Go: Here’s how it works
- How to get free Pokécoins in Pokemon Go
Pokémon Go updates: The Latest
Pokémon Go update: Research Breakthrough and Egg changes coming to Pokémon Go
Release date: May 1, 2019
There are just a few days left to pick up the Legendary dog Pokémon, since the next Pokémon Go update is switching them out for the Legendary bird Pokémon Lugia and Ho-Oh, and the Dragon duo of Latias and Latios. As of May 1 they will be available in Research Breakthrough encounters.
Niantic also announced that the pool of Pokémon available in eggs has changed as of April 26. Time to load up the incubators and get walking!
Pokémon Go update patch notes
- Lugia, Ho-Oh, Latias, and Latios will be Research Breakthrough encounters starting May 1, 2019, at 1PM PT (GMT −7) through the end of June.
- Different Pokémon will hatch from Eggs starting April 26, 2019, at 1PM. PT (GMT −7)
- Trainers can expect 2 km Eggs to hatch Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Bonsly, and many more.
- Trainers can expect 5 km Eggs to hatch Cubone, Combee, Buizel, Glameow, Bronzor, Skorupi, Croagunk, and many more.
- Trainers can expect 10 km Eggs to hatch Mawile, Absol, Shinx, Cranidos, Shieldon, Riolu, and many more.
Previous Pokémon Go updates
Pokémon Go event: Shiny Meltan is back for a limited time!
Event dates: April 24 – May 5, 2019
Good news for those of you who weren’t able to grab a shiny Meltan in the February’s Pokémon Go event! Starting April 24, you will have the chance to get a shiny version of the hexagonal mythical Pokémon once again. It is still only available in Mystery Boxes, which are obtained by sending Pokémon to the Nintendo Switch titles Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! or Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee!
On top of that, Mystery Boxes are becoming easier to open. Starting April 24 the delay between opening them is being reduced from 7 days to just 3 days, meaning you can open more than twice as many boxes. Even better, the change will persist after the event finishes on May 5!
Pokémon Go update patch notes
New event: Shiny Meltan
- Wednesday, Apr. 24, at 1PM PT until Sunday, May 5, at 1PM PT.
- When you open the Mystery Box, you may encounter the Shiny version of the Mythical Pokémon Meltan!
- Trainers will now be able to open the Mystery Box every three days, even after the event ends.
What would you like to see in future Pokémon Go updates? Let us know in the comments.