Torchic Community Day, Go Fest Chicago, and more!
Pokémon Go is intended to get you out and about, both on your own and with family and friends. One of the ways Pokémon Go tries to bolster activity is with events. Some of the events get splashy announcements and coincide with big public holidays. Others are quieter and more regular. Here’s what’s happened already and what’s coming up next.
Pokemon Go Extraordinary Raid Week from May 21
I’m way past ready for Shiny Rayquaza Raid Day, but we haven’t even gotten the Shiny Legendary Beasts yet, so who knows what Pokémon Go is up to? Either way, should be fun!
Get ready for the summer with a special week of events! Prep your best teams, and get your Raid Passes ready for our upcoming Extraordinary Raid Week. To test your battle skills, we have a full week of exciting raids for you to show off your Trainer prowess.
Extraordinary Raid Week
Date + Time
- Tuesday, May 21, 2019, at 1 p.m. to
- Tuesday, May 28, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
- ★: Machop, Slakoth, Shinx, Bronzor
- ★★: Misdreavus, Kirlia, Mawile, Feebas, Clamperl, Bibarel
- ★★★: Alolan Raichu, Chansey, Scyther, Aerodactyl, Floatzel
- ★★★★: Alolan Marowak, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Absol, Metagross
- If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny Bronzor!
- 2× Raid Stardust
- 2× Raid XP
Date + Time
- Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. (local time)
- The number of raids of all levels will increase during the event hour.
Lapras Raid Day
Date + Time
- The Americas, Greenland, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India: Saturday, May 25, 2019, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. (local time)
- Asia-Pacific: Sunday, May 26, 2019, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. (local time)
- The Transport Pokémon, Lapras, will be joining Raid Battles for this event.
- Receive up to five Raid Passes from Gyms at no cost.
- If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny Lapras!
This is your chance to add some awesome Pokémon like Tyranitar or Metagross to your team. We hope you’re up for the challenge, Trainers!
Detective Pikachu Event Starting May 7, 2019
Yes, Detective Pikachu has the same voice as Deadpool. Relax about it. The important thing is that Pokemon Go is getting in on all the movie action with a special event tie-in all it’s own.
Get your detective hats ready and start looking for clues as we celebrate the one and only POKÉMON Detective Pikachu movie! Do you have what it takes to keep up with the famous caffeine-powered detective who’s about to electrify audiences all over the world?
Date + Time
- Tuesday, May 7, 2019, at 1 p.m. to
- Friday, May 17, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
- Select Pokémon featured in the movie will appear in raids.
- Pokémon that appear in the movie will show up more frequently in the wild.
- If you’re lucky, you could be photobombed by a Pikachu in a detective hat—with a chance to catch one of your very own!
The official Pokemon site breaks it down a little more and adds an additional feature: Bulbasaur, Jigglypuff, Psyduck, Aipom, and Snubbull—and you might even find Shiny Aipom!
- Double XP for catching Pokémon
- Specially themed Field Research will be available for a limited time during this event.
- Themed avatar items will be available in the Style Shop.
So catch Detective Pikachu in theaters starting May 10 and the event starting just a few days earlier on May 7!
Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf available in regional Legendary Raids until May 27, 2019
We received numerous reports from all over the world of Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf. Your work uncovering the mystery of this Legendary Pokémon from the Sinnoh region has led to an amazing discovery! Professor Willow has verified that Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf have appeared in different regions of the world and will be available to challenge in raids!
Date + Time
- Thursday, May 2, 2019, at 1 p.m. to Monday, May 27, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
- Asia-Pacific: Uxie will be available to challenge in raids
- Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India: Mesprit will be available to challenge in raids
- The Americas and Greenland: Azelf will be available to challenge in raids
If you’re extraordinarily lucky, you may encounter these extremely rare Legendary Pokémon in the wild in their different regions, even after the event!
Lugia, Latios, and Latias coming to Research Breakthroughs in May
We’re excited to share a few changes to Research Breakthrough rewards and Eggs in the coming weeks.
- Lugia, Ho-Oh, Latias, and Latios will be Research Breakthrough encounters starting May 1, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) through the end of June.
Different Pokémon will hatch from Eggs starting Apr. 26, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
- Trainers can expect 2 km Eggs to hatch Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Bonsly, and many more.
- Trainers can expect 5 km Eggs to hatch Cubone, Combee, Buizel, Glameow, Bronzor, Skorupi, Croagunk, and many more.
- Trainers can expect 10 km Eggs to hatch Mawile, Absol, Shinx, Cranidos, Shieldon, Riolu, and many more.
Safari Zone Singapore Celebration
As a way to celebrate our first #PokemonGOSafariZone event in Singapore, Shuckle will be spawning globally from April 20 at 6 a.m. to April 21 at 10 p.m. (local time)! Keep an eye out, and if you’re lucky, you might even encounter something Shiny… ✨😉 pic.twitter.com/TEa8IF0Fas
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) April 19, 2019
Shiny Lapras too, though no boosted spawns for that one.
Shiny Meltan coming back to boxes
Starting April 24 at 1:00 p.m. PDT, you’ll have a chance to encounter Shiny Meltan when you use the Mystery Box! From April 24 on, you’ll be able to open the Mystery Box every three days! Get your Mystery Box by connecting #PokemonGO with #PokemonLetsGo! https://t.co/V70vKvE4MJ pic.twitter.com/Kjj0D0s9T7
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) April 19, 2019
Pokemon Go Community Day for May 2019: Torchic!
On Sunday, May 19, the gen 3 fire starter, Torchi gets its own community day. In addition to the shiny Torchic family, bonuses include:
- 3x catch stardust
- 3-hour lures
- Special move (likely blast burn)
Pokemon Go Summer Events 2019 — Go Fest Chicago from June 13-16
Hot off the Poke Presses:
In 2018, we had an incredible year of live events for Pokémon GO, with our return to Chicago for Pokémon GO Fest as well as 4 Safari Zones, 12 Community Days, and tons of fun events for Trainers in between. This year, you can look forward to even more events in more locations!
We kicked off 2019 with South America’s first-ever Safari Zone event in Porto Alegre, Brazil, and we’ll have another Safari Zone in Sentosa, Singapore, in just a few weeks. Next, we’re excited to reveal that Pokémon GO Fest is coming to three cities around the world!
- June 13–16: Pokémon GO Fest Chicago
- July 4–7: Pokémon GO Fest Dortmund
- 2019 Summer: Pokémon GO Fest Asia (To be announced)
“Last year’s Pokémon GO Summer Tour brought hundreds of thousands of Trainers together at real-world events around the world which left us with some truly unforgettable moments and stories,” said John Hanke, founder and CEO of Niantic, Inc. “This summer, we’re looking to continue to build upon that success and create even more ways for Trainers to enjoy and interact with these incredible parks and cities and build lasting friendships throughout their journeys of encountering Pokémon in the ‘real-world.'”
In the United States, Pokémon GO Fest returns to Chicago for its third year for Pokémon GO Fest 2019 from June 13 to June 16, expanding the event from two to four days. This year’s event will take place across the expansive Grant Park, where Trainers of all ages will get to catch an array of Pokémon while interacting with physical installations and participating in exclusive activities throughout the park. Pokémon GO Fest: Chicago in Grant Park will also feature more than 300 acres of walking space in addition to some of Chicago’s most iconic landmarks and attractions. Tickets will go on sale through an all-new Niantic ticketing system built within the Pokémon GO app later this month. For more information on Pokémon GO Fest: Chicago, please visit https://pokemongolive.com/events/fest/chicago
Following the massive success of the Pokémon GO Safari Zone in Dortmund, Germany in 2018, the real-world event in 2019 will now be featured as Pokémon GO Fest: Dortmund for four days from July 4 to July 7. Hosted at the renowned Westfalenpark, Trainers will have an opportunity to play Pokémon GO together with others, explore Dortmund’s cultural history and interact with local attractions while playing Pokémon GO together with others. Tickets for the event will be going on sale later this spring. For more information on and to stay up-to-date on ticketing information for Pokémon GO Fest: Dortmund, please visit www.pokemongofest-europe.com
Throughout each event in the Pokémon GO Summer Tour 2019, Trainers who are not attending the real-world events will still be able to participate in Pokémon GO special challenges to work towards a global goal of unlocking rewards for all Trainers. Details for the global challenges during each Pokémon GO Fest will be revealed ahead of each event. In addition to these unique challenges, Pokémon GO Community Days will also be hosted throughout the months of June, July and August giving Trainers even more reasons to venture outside and play together.
Get the sunscreen ready!
Pokemon Go Summer Community Day Schedule
This is great. Makes it way easier to plan for the community days.
For those interested in the upcoming worldwide Community Day events, mark your calendars for the following dates:
- April 13 (Bagon)
- May 19
- June 8
- July 21
- August 3
Deoxys shifts to Defense Forme for Ex-Raid starting March 25
The DNA Pokémon, Deoxys, has tested the strength of Trainers in EX Raids and has changed form again! Defense Forme Deoxys will be in EX Raids with stronger defenses than previously seen, so make sure your team is prepared. This Psychic-type Mythical Pokémon will be available to challenge beginning March 25.
Keep your Best Friends close and your Bite / Crunch Tyranitars even closer.
What Pokémon Go events do you want to see?
If you were planning the next big Pokémon Go event, when would you have it and how would you handle it?
Source of the article – iMore