Third Anniversary, Raikou Raid Day, Go Fest Bonuses
Pokémon Go is intended to get you out and about, both on your own and with family and friends. One of the ways Pokémon Go tries to bolster activity is with events. Some of the events get splashy announcements and coincide with big public holidays. Others are quieter and more regular. Here’s what’s happened already and what’s coming up next.
Armorned Mewtwo in Legendary Raids from July 10 to July 31
Mewtwo returns…with a new look. For a limited time, you can encounter this Psychic-type Pokémon in five-star raids.
Date + Time
- Armored Mewtwo will appear in five-star raids from July 10 at 1:00 p.m. PDT to July 31 at 1 p.m. PDT
- For the first time in Pokémon GO, Armored Mewtwo will be available to challenge in raids for a limited time!
- Do you consider yourself a Mewtwo Trainer? Show off your prowess for power and aesthetics with some stylish new items coming to the Style Shop!
Probably no Shadow Ball, but a trainer can dream!
Third Anniversary Event starting June 28, 2019
They say third time’s the charm. Pokémon journeys begin with a choice between three Pokémon. Your journey in Pokémon GO involved joining one of three teams. Today, we celebrate the third anniversary of Pokémon GO’s release! Throughout this incredible journey, we’ve made countless memories along the way.
To commemorate this incredible milestone, you can look forward to these exciting features!
New features starting on June 28 at 1 p.m. PDT
- Shiny Alolan Pokémon — You’ll have a chance of encountering the following Shiny Alolan Pokémon: Rattata, Sandshrew, Vulpix, Diglett, Meowth, Geodude, Grimer, and Exeggutor.
- Team leader avatar items — Avatar items featuring the team leaders’ personal styles will be available in the Style Shop.
From June 28, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT to July 6, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT
- A familiar face returns to the party! — Once per day, you might have the chance to encounter a Pikachu wearing a party hat when you take a GO Snapshot photo! Pichu wearing a party hat will also be available to hatch from 7 km eggs.
From June 28, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT to September 2, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT
- Jump-Start Research — Looking to get up to speed with your research? Do you have a friend who wants to play but feels they’ve missed out on too much in Pokémon GO? Don’t worry! Trainers can complete new Special Research for helpful rewards that will jump-start their new or continuing adventures. This Special Research is only available this summer for players at level 10 or higher, so be sure to let your friends know about this opportunity to join in and get special rewards.
- Raid bonuses — Take down Raid Bosses faster and earn extra bonus Premier Balls to catch them with when you raid with friends.
- Decreased Stardust costs for trading — Trading Pokémon will cost ¼ less Stardust.
Deoxys Speed Forme in EX Raids starting June 23
Starting on June 23, 2019, at 8 a.m. PDT, Trainers who receive EX Raid Passes will encounter Speed Forme Deoxys in EX Raids!
Pokemon Summer Event Rewards
Go Fest Chicago Rewards
- All successfully unlocked bonuses will run from Tuesday, June 18, 2019, at 1 p.m. until Tuesday, June 25, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT.
- Unlock all the above bonuses, and Raikou will be available in raids for a short period of time (date and time to be announced later). If you’re lucky, you might encounter Shiny Raikou!
Go Fest Dortmund Rewards
- All successfully unlocked bonuses will run from Tuesday, July 9, 2019, at 1 p.m. until Tuesday, July 16, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT.
- Unlock all the above bonuses, and Entei will be available in raids Sunday, July 14, 2019 (time to be announced later). If you’re lucky, you might encounter Shiny Entei!
Go Fest Yokaham Rewards
- All successfully unlocked bonuses will run from Tuesday, August 13, 2019, at 1 p.m. until Tuesday, August 20, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT.
- Unlock all the above bonuses, and Suicune will be available in raids on Saturday, August 17, 2019 (time to be announced later). If you’re lucky, you might encounter Shiny Suicune!
Groudon, Kyogre, and… Cresselia?! returning to Raids
If you were expecting Raquaza, much less Shiny Raquaza, apparently you should have known better. Pokemon Go is going so far as to break up the legendary trio of Gen 3 just to deny you that meta defining green (and black!) dragon. Again. Oh well, here’s what we’re getting instead.
We hope you’re enjoying Extraordinary Raid Week so far! We’re excited to announce the next three Legendary Pokémon you can look forward to seeing in five-star Raid Battles. Expect to see some Legendary Pokémon return—riled up and ready to battle!
This Psychic-type Legendary Pokémon is said to represent the crescent moon, but don’t let its graceful exterior lull you during battle. Psychic-type Pokémon are weak against Bug-, Ghost-, and Dark-type Pokémon, so be sure to have those ready!
Date + Time
- Monday, May 27, 2019, at 1 p.m. to Tuesday, June 18, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
- If the workings of the cosmos are in your favor, you may encounter a Shiny Cresselia!
The Sea Basin Pokémon is said to have widened the seas and waged battle with Groudon. This Water-type Pokémon is weak against Grass- and Electric-type Pokémon. Can you earn this powerful creature’s trust and convince it to battle alongside you?
Date + Time
- Tuesday, June 18, 2019, at 1 p.m. to Thursday, June 27, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
Fortune favors the bold—you may encounter a Shiny Kyogre!
Groudon is said to have dueled titanically with Kyogre before falling into a deep slumber. It’s a Ground-type Pokémon, so, Trainers, this means Water-, Grass-, and Ice-type Pokémon are your best bets for defeating this powerful opponent!
Date + Time
- Thursday, June 27, 2019, at 1 p.m. to Wednesday, July 10, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
- Keep persevering, Trainer—you may encounter a Shiny Groudon!
This is your chance to catch Kyogre, Groudon, and Cresselia! It’ll be tough, but we have faith in you, Trainers. Legendary Pokémon only appear when the time is right—this must be fate. Are you ready to be a Battle Legend? Show us what you’ve got!
Lugia, Latios, and Latias coming to Research Breakthroughs in May
We’re excited to share a few changes to Research Breakthrough rewards and Eggs in the coming weeks.
- Lugia, Ho-Oh, Latias, and Latios will be Research Breakthrough encounters starting May 1, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) through the end of June.
Different Pokémon will hatch from Eggs starting Apr. 26, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
- Trainers can expect 2 km Eggs to hatch Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Bonsly, and many more.
- Trainers can expect 5 km Eggs to hatch Cubone, Combee, Buizel, Glameow, Bronzor, Skorupi, Croagunk, and many more.
- Trainers can expect 10 km Eggs to hatch Mawile, Absol, Shinx, Cranidos, Shieldon, Riolu, and many more.
Pokemon Go Summer Events 2019 — Go Fest Chicago from June 13-16
Hot off the Poke Presses:
In 2018, we had an incredible year of live events for Pokémon GO, with our return to Chicago for Pokémon GO Fest as well as 4 Safari Zones, 12 Community Days, and tons of fun events for Trainers in between. This year, you can look forward to even more events in more locations!
We kicked off 2019 with South America’s first-ever Safari Zone event in Porto Alegre, Brazil, and we’ll have another Safari Zone in Sentosa, Singapore, in just a few weeks. Next, we’re excited to reveal that Pokémon GO Fest is coming to three cities around the world!
- June 13–16: Pokémon GO Fest Chicago
- July 4–7: Pokémon GO Fest Dortmund
- 2019 Summer: Pokémon GO Fest Asia (To be announced)
“Last year’s Pokémon GO Summer Tour brought hundreds of thousands of Trainers together at real-world events around the world which left us with some truly unforgettable moments and stories,” said John Hanke, founder and CEO of Niantic, Inc. “This summer, we’re looking to continue to build upon that success and create even more ways for Trainers to enjoy and interact with these incredible parks and cities and build lasting friendships throughout their journeys of encountering Pokémon in the ‘real-world.'”
In the United States, Pokémon GO Fest returns to Chicago for its third year for Pokémon GO Fest 2019 from June 13 to June 16, expanding the event from two to four days. This year’s event will take place across the expansive Grant Park, where Trainers of all ages will get to catch an array of Pokémon while interacting with physical installations and participating in exclusive activities throughout the park. Pokémon GO Fest: Chicago in Grant Park will also feature more than 300 acres of walking space in addition to some of Chicago’s most iconic landmarks and attractions. Tickets will go on sale through an all-new Niantic ticketing system built within the Pokémon GO app later this month. For more information on Pokémon GO Fest: Chicago, please visit https://pokemongolive.com/events/fest/chicago
Following the massive success of the Pokémon GO Safari Zone in Dortmund, Germany in 2018, the real-world event in 2019 will now be featured as Pokémon GO Fest: Dortmund for four days from July 4 to July 7. Hosted at the renowned Westfalenpark, Trainers will have an opportunity to play Pokémon GO together with others, explore Dortmund’s cultural history and interact with local attractions while playing Pokémon GO together with others. Tickets for the event will be going on sale later this spring. For more information on and to stay up-to-date on ticketing information for Pokémon GO Fest: Dortmund, please visit www.pokemongofest-europe.com
Throughout each event in the Pokémon GO Summer Tour 2019, Trainers who are not attending the real-world events will still be able to participate in Pokémon GO special challenges to work towards a global goal of unlocking rewards for all Trainers. Details for the global challenges during each Pokémon GO Fest will be revealed ahead of each event. In addition to these unique challenges, Pokémon GO Community Days will also be hosted throughout the months of June, July and August giving Trainers even more reasons to venture outside and play together.
Get the sunscreen ready!
Pokemon Go Summer Community Day Schedule
This is great. Makes it way easier to plan for the community days.
For those interested in the upcoming worldwide Community Day events, mark your calendars for the following dates:
- April 13 (Bagon)
- May 19 (Torchic)
- June 8 (Slakoth)
- July 21 (Mudkip)
- August 3
What Pokémon Go events do you want to see?
If you were planning the next big Pokémon Go event, when would you have it and how would you handle it?
Source of the article – iMore