The big Apple news this week is all about the so-called iPhone SE 2 (which is not likely to be its real name). The projected release date was bumped up a bit by industry analysts, and there’s even a supposed price. Check it out in the roundup below.
Elsewhere, we have some new concept renders of what the iPhone 12 Pro could look like, a rumor about the upcoming release of “pro” AirPods, some news related to the Apple TV Plus streaming platform, and more!
See the Apple news roundup below for all the latest.
The top Apple news stories of the past week:
- Concept renders give us an idea of what iPhone 12 Pro could look like: In a new YouTube video, Path of Design gives us a look at what the iPhone 12 Pro could look like (see image above). The quad-camera setup on the back is the most notable feature. However, these are just concepts so who knows what the actual device would look like.
- Kuo has new info on iPhone SE 2: Although the upcoming budget-oriented iPhone isn’t likely to be called the iPhone SE 2, that’s what we’re sticking with for now. Famed Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo posits now that the iPhone SE 2 will have the same processor as the iPhone 11 series along with 3GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage as the base option, no 3D touch, and a starting price of $399. We’ll find out in the first quarter of 2020 whether he is right or not.
- AirPods Pro on the way, maybe: Apparently, there’s a rumor that Apple might release a “Pro” variant of its popular AirPods true wireless earbuds at an upcoming launch event. The price tag for these upgraded models could be $260.
- iPhones get unlimited photo backups on Google Photos at original quality: Apparently, there’s a bit of a loophole with Google Photos and uploads of pics at original quality. Earlier this week, we found out the Google Pixel 4 won’t get original quality uploads like on the Pixel 1, 2, and 3. However, since iPhones default to HEIC/HEIF image formats, they actually get the perk. Why? Because if Google compressed those files to JPG they would actually increase in size, so Google leaves them alone.
- Apple is still the most valuable brand: According to Interbrand, Apple is the most valuable brand in the world, even more so than Google and Amazon. In fact, Interbrand says Apple is 9% more valuable than it was last year.
- Two Apple TV Plus shows already renewed: The Apple TV Plus show For All Mankind already is greenlit for a second season. Other Apple TV Plus exclusive shows — including See, Dickinson, and Little America — are rumored to get second season announcements soon. Apple TV Plus debuts on November 1.
Thinking about making the switch?
If you are reading this Apple news article on an iOS device and thinking about making the switch to Android, we have multiple articles and guides that can help you with that process. Despite how it might seem, moving from iOS to Android is easier than ever, and many of the services and systems on iOS have similar or even the same counterparts on Android.
The best place to start would be our guide on how to switch from iPhone to Android, which goes over all the basics. We also have more specific guides, such as how to transfer your calendar from iPhone to Android. We also have app guides that will give you the best alternatives to iOS staples, such as our list of best alternatives to FaceTime on Android.
If you’re looking for a great Android device to replace your iPhone, consult our list of the best Android smartphones available now.
More posts about apple