This week we finally dove deep into everything Google’s new Pixel 4 lineup has to offer. We compared the latest Pixel camera to the other mobile photography greats (iPhone 11 Pro Max, Huawei P30 Pro, Samsung Galaxy Note 10, and OnePlus 7T) to see which comes out on top. We also compared the Pixel 4 camera performance to previous Pixel offerings, so you can judge for yourself whether or not it’s worth the upgrade.
It isn’t all good news for the Pixel though, as users discovered that the fancy new 90Hz OLED display reverts to 60Hz when below 75% brightness. OnePlus couldn’t help but throw some shade on Twitter, although the original tweet was quickly deleted.
Here are the top 10 Android stories of the week
- Google Pixel 4 XL review: Untapped potential — The most hotly anticipated Android phone of the year is here, and it surprises and disappoints in equal measure.
- Nokia 7.2 review: When good enough isn’t good enough — For the Nokia 7.2, are great design and stock Android enough to combat its mid-range competitors?
- Honor 9X review: Flashy new look for a familiar formula — The Honor 9X boasts a triple rear camera setup and fancy diamond cut reflective design. But is this enough?
- Nubia Z20 review: Trying too hard — With its two screens, the Z20 feels forced, like Nubia tried too hard to make it special.
- Camera shootout: Pixel 4 vs the best smartphone cameras around — The Google Pixel 4 is finally out, but how does it compare to other mobile photography greats?
- Camera shootout: Google Pixel 4 vs Pixel 3 vs Pixel 2 vs Pixel — In this camera shootout, we aim to find out how the Pixel 4 stacks up to its Pixel predecessors.
- What is the Google Pixel 4’s Neural Core? — The new Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL boast Google’s new Neural Core, but what does this extra processor actually do?
- 15 worst Android phone names, ranked — Celebrate more than 10 years of Android with this list of the absolute worst Android phone names of all time.
- Phone storage showdown 2019: Who is price-gouging you the most? — Buying a phone with extra storage space comes at a premium, but which OEMs are charging over the odds?
- Google is following Apple’s lead, but is that the right move? — Google has a clear strategy with the Pixel 4, but I’m not sure if it’s viable long-term.
Learn more on the Android Authority Podcast
This week we published two episodes of the podcast. In the first, the crew is joined by reviewers David Imel and Kris Carlton to give their thoughts on the Pixel 4 after roughly a week of use.
In the second, we ran through the week’s news, including a new LG phone and an interesting new TCL foldable device.
Want to receive the weekly podcast on your device? Subscribe using your favorite player below!
Who wants to win a Google Pixel 4 XL?
This week, we’re giving away a brand new Google Pixel 4 XL. Enter this week’s Sunday giveaway for your chance to win!
Don’t miss these videos
That’s it, folks! We’ll have another giveaway and more top Android stories for you next week. To stay up to date on all things Android Authority in the meantime, be sure to subscribe to our newsletters at the link below.