Update, November 4, 2019 (2:56 AM ET): OnePlus has started rolling out the stable Oxygen OS version 10.0 based on Android 10 for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T. The company confirmed the development on it forums on November 2. OnePlus notes that the OTA update has a staged rollout so if you haven’t received it yet, you should expect it in a few days.
The company also says that using a VPN to download the Oxygen OS version 10 update for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T will not work. The rollout is not based on regions and is randomly being pushed out to a limited number of devices.
You can check the complete changelog for the update in the original article below. OnePlus has added that the Hide Notch option is currently unavailable on this version of the update.
OnePlus announced the Oxygen OS Android 10 Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T on it forums. It added that all users who are on the OnePlus Open Beta Program should receive the new beta build through an OTA update.
The manufacturer says that this Oxygen OS Android 10 Open Beta build is only for unlocked, non-carrier variants of the OnePlus 6 and 6T. So those on the T-Mobile version of the OnePlus 6T, for example, are likely out of luck for now.
The company advises users to ensure that their battery level is above 30% and that they have a minimum of 3GB of storage available for the update.
The new Android 10 beta update for last year’s OnePlus phones brings a new UI to the devices. It also adds new customization features in Settings, tweaked full screen gestures, a new Game Space feature, and more.
What’s new in the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T Android 10 update?
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings > Display > Ambient Display > Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages > Spam > Settings > Blocking settings)
Since this is a beta build, it is advisable that you backup your phone before installing it. You should also be aware that beta builds are buggy so if you can hold out until November’s stable rollout, we would advise you to wait.
If you have updated your OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T to the new Oxygen OS Android 10 Open Beta 1 and are experiencing issues, you can always roll back to the previous Android Pie version through the links given below.
Have you tried out the new Open Beta for OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T? Let us know in the comments section below.
More posts about OnePlus