Congratulations on picking up a new Apple Watch! Here’s everything you need to set it up and get going.
The Apple Watch is one of our favorite gadgets for fitness, time tracking, messages on the go, and more. (And what’s more, it looks great on all wrist sizes — whether you’re a 7-year-old second grader or a 76-year-old senior.) If you’ve just picked up a new Apple Watch, we can help you get it set up, customize it to your liking, and find the best accessories depending on your activities. Let’s get started!
- What’s new with Apple Watch?
- How to set up and pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone
- Meet watchOS
- How to customize your Apple Watch
- How to find apps for Apple Watch
- Everything you need to know about Apple Watch bands
- Best Apple Watch Accessories
- Troubleshooting Apple Watch
What’s new with Apple Watch?
The Apple Watch Series 5 is Apple’s latest and greatest Apple Watch. It’s actually the sixth version. The original Apple Watch has been dubbed “Series 0” because Series 1 took its name the next year. Series 5 sports an always-on display (finally!), a built-in compass, and international emergency calling on cellular models, even when roaming, even when no cellular plan is in place.
How to set up and pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone
The Apple Watch and iPhone may be two distinctly different pieces of hardware, but one can’t exist without the other. When you buy a new Apple Watch, turning it on is only the first step — next comes pairing it with an iPhone.
When it comes time to pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone, you’ll need to use the Apple Watch app for iOS. You should be able to find it pre-installed on your iPhone (or via the App Store, if you’ve removed it previously).
The latest software iteration from Apple’s watchOS team continues the trend of past watchOS releases in helping improve its users’ lives. Here’s a breakdown of what you can expect from watchOS 5, as well as tips and tricks for Apple’s smartwatch operating system!
How to navigate your Apple Watch
- How to use the Dock on your Apple Watch
- How to use notifications on your Apple Watch
- How to use Siri on your Apple Watch
- Secret Apple Watch controls: How to navigate what’s on your wrist!
Apple Watch software tips & tricks
- watchOS 6 review
- Everything new in watchOS 6
- 28 Apple Watch tips and tricks you should know
- 15 power tips for being productive with Apple Watch
How to customize your Apple Watch
Customize your Apple Watch face
- How to change your Apple Watch face
- How to add and remove watch faces on your Apple Watch
- How to customize watch face colors and styles on Apple Watch
- How to add complications to your Apple Watch
- How to add and remove watch faces on your Apple Watch
- How to create and use Kaleidoscope watch faces
- How to add a picture or Time-lapse or Photo face to your Apple Watch
- How to change the monogram on your Apple Watch
- How to make the Modular face on Apple Watch multicolored
- How to name or rename your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch
- How to customize notifications on your Apple Watch
- How to set the default weather, stock, and world clock for your Apple Watch
- How to add custom message responses to your Apple Watch
- How to customize Workouts for Apple Watch
- How to set goals and view progress in Activity for Apple Watch
- How to set up and use Activity sharing on Apple Watch
How to find apps for Apple Watch
As of watchOS 6, Apple has added a dedicated App Store right on Apple Watch. You no longer need to pick up your iPhone and find goodies to add to your Apple Watch. It’s not as robust as the Watch App Store on your iPhone, but with a bit of patience, you can find what you’re looking for right on your wrist.
How to find, install, rearrange, and delete Apple Watch apps
- How to automatically install apps on Apple Watch
- How to rearrange apps on your Apple Watch
- How to force quit apps on the Apple Watch
- How to delete App Store apps from your Apple Watch
Best Apple Watch apps
- Best Apple Watch apps
- Best third-party Apple Watch complications
- Best health and fitness apps for Apple Watch
- Best meditation apps for Apple Watch that you can get right now!
Everything you need to know about Apple Watch bands
The Apple Watch is both a gadget and a fashion accessory, and that means interchangeable bands. Apple’s bands fit all versions of the company’s Apple Watch — whether you own a Series 0 all the way through Series 5 — you’ll be able to pair it with a band. Additionally, there are ways to configure non-Apple Watch bands to work with the Apple Watch, pick up third-party options, color-match your lugs, and more.
Here’s what you need to know!
Best Apple Watch Accessories
The Apple Watch may technically be an accessory for your iPhone, but it’s also a powerful device in its own right — cataloging workouts, monitoring your heart rate, helping you pay for items, playing music, and, of course, telling time. The more you use your Apple Watch, the more you may find yourself wanting to accessorize your accessory with new bands, protective coverings, external monitors, stands, travel cases, or headphones. Here are our must-have accessories to pick up for Apple Watch.
Troubleshoot Apple Watch
Is your Apple Watch being fussy? Here are a few ways to make it behave. Whether it’s an app on your Apple Watch or the Watch itself that’s giving you some trouble, you don’t have to panic: There are a few simple fixes you can employ to get your smartwatch back on the operational path in no time.
Basic troubleshooting steps
- How to restart and reset your Apple Watch
- How to back up your Apple Watch
- How to unpair and restore the Apple Watch
Connection and battery issues
- Apple Watch won’t connect to your iPhone? Here’s the fix!
- How to fix watchOS and Apple Watch battery life problems
- Auto unlock not working? Here’s how to fix it!
- How to find a missing Apple Watch with the Find My iPhone app
- Can you use an Apple Watch with your Android phone?
Updating Apple Watch and apps
- How to update the Watch OS software on your Apple Watch
- Can’t update watchOS? How to troubleshoot common problems
- How to fix a stuck app install on Apple Watch
- How to fix Pokémon Go for Apple Watch problems
Switching Apple Watches and iPhones
- How to pair an existing Apple Watch with a new iPhone
- How to use your Apple Watch with multiple iPhones
- How to switch between Apple Watches
Serenity Caldwell contributed to an earlier version of this guide.
Source of the article – iMore